When we did a series on the Lord’s Prayer I wanted to use Cliff Richard’s Millenium Prayer but took a long time to track down what I thought was the best version. This is on YouTube, however it is available on a VHS video (maybe now on DVD) called The Lord’s Prayer in the series Open House Open Bible from Trinity Vision
I used this during our series on The Lord’s Prayer and it worked very well with what I was saying.
* I cannot say OUR if my religion has no room for others and their needs.
* I cannot say FATHER if I do not demonstrate this relationship in my daily life.
* I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN if all my interests and pursuits are in earthly things.
* I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I, who am called by his name am not holy.
* I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME if I am unwilling to give up my own sovereignty and accept the righteous reign of God.
* I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE if I am unwilling or resentful of having it in my life.
* I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN unless I am truly ready to give myself to his service here and now.
* I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD without expending honest effort for it or by ignoring the genuine needs of my fellow men.
* I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone.
* I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION if I deliberately choose to remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.
* I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I am not prepared to fight in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.
* I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM if I do not give the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.
* I cannot say THINE IS THE POWER if I fear what my neighbors do or say to me.
* I cannot say THINE IS THE GLORY if I am seeking my own glory first.
* I cannot say FOREVER if I am anxious about each day’s events.
* I cannot say AMEN unless I honestly say “Cost what it may, this is my prayer.”